Coal bed methan (CBM) mud recycling is design to separate the drilling mud cuttings by shale shaker,
desander and desilter. Centrifuge can be fix for separate solids particles 2 – 7 microns
for reduce mud weight. Size of CBM mud recycling system can be
designed and built as per jobsite demand
CBM Mud Recycling System process
- Drilling mud from well hole will flow into shale shaker directly or through a set of submersible slurry pump into shale shaker. The shaker is a first phase mud recycling equipment for 200 to
400 micron drilling cuttings by shaker screen. The fluids enter
into shale shaker will drop into sand trap tank and dry solids will
discharge through shaker screen.
- A set of centrifugal pump sit on tank skid will pick up drilling
mud from sand trap and transfer mud into desander inlet. The
treated mud after desander will over flow into desander compartment
and solids particles discharge through desander nozzle.
- Mud tank size and pipeline arrangement depending on standard model chosen
or build as per client request.
- A second set of centrifugal pump will pick up mud from desander
tank compartment and transfer mud into desilter cone. The treated
mud after desilter will over flow into desilter compartment and
solids particles discharge through desilter nozzle.
- A set of decanter centrifuge can be chosen as an top configuration
for fine solids separation to reduce mud weight. There are
different models of centrifuge for different solids separation and
CBM Mud Recycling System configuration option
|Mud Flow Capacity||200GPM||350GPM||500GPM||500GPM||1000GPM|
Key Points For CBM Mud Recycling System
1. Mud flow capacity will design as per mud pump mud flow, there is
one thing need mention, mud flow for mud system can be depending on
shaker screen mesh for cyclone size and quantity.
2. Mud tank size normally customized at various sizes, mud tank can
be normally suit steel material size. For example, mud tank 1.8m
high because tank wall 1.5m high, tank skid 0.2m high, square pipe
on tank tip is 100mm size, so all these make tank height 1.8m. If
tank skid H beam or tank wall height change, then mud tank height
3. Mud suction line arrangement allow mud can be suction from any
tank compartment which storage of clean mud. Butterfly valve inside
of tank can be choose water type, butterfly valve for connection
between tank normally choose lug type for convenient and better
suitable. Many manufactures will install all butterfly valve water
type for save cost.
4. Mud tank storage capacity will be decided by mud tank size as
well as mud tank quantity.